I love to blog-hop! As I was jumping from one blog to the next the other day, I found this blog. I immediately knew that I had to share her post on blogging do's & don'ts with you because I do all her don'ts and don't do the do's. Here is her post, and my thoughts about it are below:
Blogging Do’s and Don’ts
On your blog:
1. Don’t apologize for a lack of posts, it’s booooooring.
2. Do be candid and speak openly about what you think. For some reason, we are so interested in other people… this is why the radio, T.V., reality shows, and blogs are so popular. We can’t get enough of what you think!
3. Don’t ignore other blogs. If you want people to comment on your blog, you’ve got to comment on others. Try to post a comment on one new blog a week.
4. Do reply to comments on your blog. It’s polite, and lets people know you are reading them.
5. Don’t post in a hurry! I do this often, and then have typos that I glance over and don’t notice. Now I have a proofer!
6. Do post pictures of yourself. Like I said, we’re curious!
7. Don’t hate on Facebook, Twitter, etc., without having used it.
8. Do be confident!
Now, here are a few of my thoughts after I read her post:
- So, I guess I'm not going apologize for not blogging. Really, I've not posted because I wanted to avoid be too candid.
- I know that you are all incredibly annoyed with all of the comments that I've been leaving on your blogs. I'll try to cut back. Sorry, or I'm not sorry. I don't know what I can apologize for right now. (Someone please catch my sarcasim...)
- And for me replying back to your comments...yikes! I am a little ashamed/embarrassed/pathetic. If you're my friend on Facebook, you should know that it takes a week - minimum - to hear back from me.
- What is confidence?
- I hated on Twitter. And I never tried it. But my husband Tweets now, does that make up for it?
- I try to avoid -at all costs- posting pictures of myself, but I am going to try to take Oh, Brooke's advice. I was playing on Photo Booth the other day, and thought my two curious blog readers might enjoy at least one picture of me:

Seriously, I do have lots of things to tell you about which includes changes in jobs & houses. But I couldn't come back from 5 weeks of not blogging without being a little bit silly, could I?
7 comments:
I love your earrings and that you do the "don'ts" and don't do the "do" items. :)
Ha! Your picture just made me chuckle! Are you guys moving? Hope you are doing well Libby!
This must be an old picture since those earrings live in my land now! I'm going to insist that you blog more often so I can show your pictures to Atalie.
My Libby how you have changed. You are looking so pretty. HAHA!! Please do blog more, I love reading about what's going on with you and sinc I'm not a good friend and don't keep up with you well this is all I have :)
you are too cute and make me laugh! :)
Glad to see you still have it in you! I love to hear all that is going on with you and Brad. Blog more often. We love You!
I thought those earrings looked familiar!! I saw them at Jaime's & mentioned to Ben, "Those look like something that Libby would wear/make". BTW, I really like the blog make-over. Simple & elegant. Baby, I love your sense of humor....and sarcasm! Miss you.
Post a Comment